- Contact Us
- Documents & Forms
- Online Writing Center
- Current Students
- Ed.D. in Leadership Studies
- Summer Faculty Fellowship
Request for Transfer of Credit
A graduate student who has taken a graduate-level course at another accredited institution which the student believes will substitute for a required or elective course in the graduate program at Creighton University may request transfer credit for the course. Only courses in which the student earned a grade of A or B may be considered for transfer credit. Ordinarily, not more than six (6) transfer credits can be applied toward a masterís program.
Steps to request credit transfer:
1. Access the Request for Transfer Credit form.
2. You may fill in the form electronically. Then print the form.
3. Give the form, along with syllabus and transcript for each requested course, to your program director.
4. The program director will evaluate your request and they will send these documents to the Graduate School, denoting their recommendations.
5. Following the program director's recommendations, the Graduate School will grant or deny the transfer credit request. Transfer credit that is approved will be reflected on the studentís transcript; however, the credits will not be calculated in the studentís grade point average.
6. The Graduate School will send the student a letter, outlining the action taken, with a copy of the letter going to the program director.