- Contact Us
- Documents & Forms
- Online Writing Center
- Current Students
- Ed.D. in Leadership Studies
- Summer Faculty Fellowship
This course of study prepares students for a wide range of career opportunities. Previous students have gone on to successful careers as university professors, leading scientists with pharmaceutical and biotech companies, and scientists within governmental agencies. Access web site here.
Types of Degrees: MS and PhD
Duration: Two years for MS and four years for PhD
Number of Credits Required: 30 for MS and 90 (60 additional) for PhD
Cost: Students accepted into the program receive full tuition remission and health insurance. Students may be responsible for university and technology fees.
Stipend: Doctoral students receive stipends; master's students generally do not
Program Start: August or January
Application Deadline: February 1. International students should apply at least three months in advance of anticipated start date in order to get all paperwork processed.
The student's academic record and performance will be a major factor in acceptance. The undergraduate curriculum must include fundamental courses in both biological and chemical sciences. For doctoral students, a strong foundation in undergraduate microbiology, immunology, molecular biology and biochemistry are desired. An application should include:
1. Completed application and $50 non-refundable application fee
2. Three letters of recommendation (please use the electronic rec. process with the online application!). The recommendations should be completed and submitted by persons other than family members who are qualified to assess an applicant's performance in an academic or work setting.
3. Statement of purpose
4. Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
5. Graduate Record Exam (GRE).
6. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): All international applicants from countries in which English is not the primary language must demonstrate proficiency in English language by submitting a minimum TOEFL score of 80 iBT (213 CBT/550 PBT). International applicants who receive their baccalaureate or higher degree from an accredited institution in the US, United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or Africa (English-speaking only) are NOT required to submit a TOEFL score report.