- Contact Us
- Documents & Forms
- Online Writing Center
- Current Students
- Ed.D. in Leadership Studies
- Summer Faculty Fellowship
The masterís degree in educational leadership prepares individuals to play a leadership role in private and public schools. Students may choose the school administration program or the teacher leadership program in pursuit of the educational leadership degree. Access website here.
Types of Degrees: MS
Duration: 2+ years
Number of Credits Required:
Cost: $730 per credit hour, 2012/2013 rate, plus university and technology fees
Stipend/Fellowship: Full-time teachers receive 50% tuition remission and teachers in Catholic schools receive 75% tuition remission. No fellowships.
Program Start: August, January, June
Preferred Application Deadline: August 1 for fall, December 1 for spring and May 1 for summer entry.
Applicants for the M.S. in Educational Leadership are to meet the following criteria in order to be officially accepted into the Creighton University program.
1. Completed application and $50 non refundable application fee
2. Cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0
3. Three letters of recommendation (please use the electronic rec. process with the online application!). The recommendations should be completed and submitted by persons other than family members who can testify to character and leadership abilities.
4. A vitae detailing career experiences
5. Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
6. Notarized Felony Convictions/Mental Capacity Statement Form
7. Two years of successful teaching experience (may be in progress as course work begins).
8. An essay describing personal goals, areas of interest in education, and career plans.
9. After all of the above have been submitted, a structured personal interview will be conducted.