- Contact Us
- Documents & Forms
- Online Writing Center
- Current Students
- Ed.D. in Leadership Studies
- Summer Faculty Fellowship
This program is designed to meet the needs of people with bachelor degrees who have the desire to become elementary teachers. This program results in a Master's Degree and a Nebraska PK-8 Initial Teaching Certificate.
Types of Degrees: MEd
Duration and Number of Credits Required:
Cost: $730 per credit hour, 2012/2013 rate, plus university and technology fees. Scholarships for 1/2 tuition are available.
Stipend/Fellowship: Full-time teachers receive 50% tuition remission and teachers in Catholic schools receive 75% tuition remission. No fellowships.
Program Start: late May
Application Deadline: March 1
Applicants for the M.Ed. in Elementary School Teaching are to meet the following criteria for acceptance into the Creighton University teacher education program and the Graduate School.
1. Completed application and $50 non-refundable application fee (deadline is March 1)
2. Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
3. Three letters of recommendation (please use the electronic rec. process with the online application!). The recommendations should be completed and submitted by persons other than family members who are capable of assessing an applicant's performance in an academic or work setting.
4. Writing samples: Why I Want to Teach and Experiences with School Children or Young Adults
5. Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
6. Notarized Felony Convictions/Mental Capacity Statement Form
7. Personal interview
8. Pre-Professional Skills Test (PPST) - Passing scores (the scores are sent directly to the Education Department)
9. Background Check - All prospective students are expected to successfully pass a background check before being admitted to the department.