- Contact Us
- Documents & Forms
- Online Writing Center
- Current Students
- Ed.D. in Leadership Studies
- Summer Faculty Fellowship
Creighton University's Department of English offers a multi-track Master of Arts degree that allows students to design courses of study that meet their particular needs, whether they want to prepare a solid foundation for further graduate work, to lay the groundwork or build on a teaching career, to learn to apply the latest technology in the rhetoric and composition program, or simply to pursue the love of literature and writing with like-minded people. Access website here.
Types of Degrees: MA
Duration: Two years full time
Number of Credits Required: 36
Cost: $730 per credit hour, 2012/2013 rates, plus university and technology fees.
Fellowships Available: Yes, fellowships are available for qualified students, which may include tuition remission and/or stipend.
Program Start: August
Application Deadline: For fellowship consideration, all application materials must be received by March 15th.
Applications to the M.A. program in English should include:
1. Completed application and application fee
2. Three letters of recommendation (please use the electronic rec. process with the online application!). The recommendations should be completed and submitted by persons other than family members who are capable of assessing an applicant's performance in an academic or work setting.
3. Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
4. Statement of professional purpose (500-750 words)
5. Writing sample, either critical or creative, depending on the studentís area of interest (approximately 10-15 pages)
4. Graduate Record Exam (GRE) acceptable scores
5. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): All international applicants from countries in which English is not the primary language must demonstrate proficiency in English language by submitting a minimum TOEFL score of 80 iBT (213 CBT/550PBT). International applicants who receive their baccalaureate or higher degree from an accredited institution in the US, United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or Africa (English-speaking only) are NOT required to submit a TOEFL score report.