- Contact Us
- Documents & Forms
- Online Writing Center
- Current Students
- Ed.D. in Leadership Studies
- Summer Faculty Fellowship
This course of study is designed for those interested in research careers in academia, institutes or industry. Students are educated mainly through participating in research, so emphasis is given to placing students in their research laboratories in their first semester. Access website here.
Types of Degrees: MS and PhD
Duration: Two years for MS and usually four years for PhD
Number of Credits Required: 30 for MS and 90 (60 beyond MS) for PhD
Cost: All students accepted into the doctoral program receive full tuition remission and health insurance. Students are responsible for university and technology fees.
Stipend: Doctoral students receive stipends; master's students generally do not.
Program Start: August
Calendar: This department follows the School of Medicine calendar for most of its course schedules.
Preferred Application Deadline: The deadline for applications to the doctoral program is January 15th for admission in the fall semester.
Applicants holding a Bachelor of Science degree, preferably with satisfactory completion of course work in a biological, chemical or physical science, with a GPA of at least 3.0. An application should include:
1. Completed application and application fee
2. Three letters of recommendation (please use the electronic rec. process with the online application!). The recommendations should be completed and submitted by persons other than family members who are qualified to assess an applicant's performance in an academic or work setting.
3. Statement of purpose
4. Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
5. Graduate Record Exam (GRE). Scores above the 50th percentile are required.
6. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): All international applicants from countries in which English is not the primary language must demonstrate proficiency in English language by submitting a minimum TOEFL score of 88 iBT. Biomedical Sciences' admission score preference, however, is closer to 100 iBT. International applicants who receive their baccalaureate or higher degree from an accredited institution in the US, United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or Africa (English-speaking only) are NOT required to submit a TOEFL score report.