Mission of HS-MACA
To promote Creighton University Health Sciences as a recognized leader in the training and development of a multicultural healthcare workforce that serves to reduce health disparities in underserved and diverse communities through research, culturally proficient education, community interaction and engagements.
Goals of HS-MACA
- To recruit underrepresented or disadvantaged students and faculty in the Health Science schools who will promote health and health equality to a diverse population.
- To provide and promote retention activities for culturally competent underrepresented students and faculty.
- To promote, expand and cultivate cultural awareness to campus and community.
- To address health disparities through teaching, research and community advocacy.
- To seek funding opportunities for innovative, integrative and coordinated approaches for the continued and expanded training of diverse healthcare professionals.