“A detailed family history can often be one of the most powerful and effective tools for a hereditary cancer syndrome diagnosis.”- Henry T. Lynch, M.D.
You or others in your family may be at increased risk for cancer if your family has one or more of the following characteristics:
- Cancer occurring in more than one generation
- Identification of a hereditary cancer syndrome or a cancer-causing mutation in a relative
- Two or more close relatives with the same cancer
- A relative who has had more than one cancer diagnosis
- Cancer occurring at an unusually early age
Take the opportunity to sign up for Creighton University’s Hereditary Prostate Cancer Center Registry to trace your familial history of cancer and learn what you can do to manage your risk. Just give us a call or send us an email expressing interest and we will work with you in the understanding of hereditary cancer syndromes.
For More Information
Carrie Snyder, MSN, RN, APNG; Cancer Genetics Nurse Specialist
Department of Preventive Medicine; Hereditary Cancer Center
Phone: (402) 280-2634