Library liaisons provide faculty, staff and students with a contact person in the library who can be called upon for information about any library service, resource, or issue.
The liaisons specialize in understanding the information needs of their assigned departments or programs, so please do contact your liaison if you need to discuss anything related to the HSL.
See our Liaison Program page for a list of liaisons.
General Reference Works
Please use the listing on the left to locate subject, curriculum or specialty realted resources.
- Dictionaries and other reference books from Merriam Webster.
- Stedman's Medical Dictionary
- AMA Manual of Style
- Chicago Manual of Style
- Oxford Reference Online
- Sage eReference Collection (fifty-plus mostly social sciences reference books)
- Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary
- AccessScience - Full text of McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology, The McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific & Technical Terms, Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientific Biography, and selected articles from Science News©
- Encyclopedia of Bioethics
- Encyclopedia Britannica
- Encyclopedia of Cancer
- Encyclopedia of Cancer and Society
- Encyclopedia of Disability
- Encyclopedia of Endocrine Diseases
- Encyclopedia of Gastroenterology
- Encyclopedia of Genetics
- Encyclopedia of Global Health
- Encyclopedia of Health & Aging
- Encyclopedia of Health and Behavior
- Encyclopedia of Health Care Management
- Encyclopedia of Hormones
- Encyclopedia of the Human Brain
- Encyclopedia of Human Nutrition
- Encyclopedia of Immunology
- Encyclopedia of Life Sciences
- Encyclopedia of Medical Decision Making
- Encyclopedia of Medical Devices and Instrumentation
- Encyclopedia of the Neurological Sciences
- Encyclopedia of Obesity
- Encyclopedia of Stem Cell Research
- Encyclopedia of Virology
- Gale Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders
- Healthcare Standards
- Sage Handbook of Healthcare
- New Catholic Encyclopedia
- OECD Health Data 2009
General eBook Collections
- EbscoHost eBook Collection (adsorbed NetLibrary)
- EBL law collection
- Psychiatry eBooks Online (includes DSM)
- R2 Digital Library
- Springer ebooks
- Thieme ebook library
Free eBook Collections
Full text of "public domain" works likely published before 1963; more recent works may be searchable and linked to print copies in a library.
- Web of Science and its Journal Citation Reports (impact factors)
- Academic Search Premier
- Google Scholar
(Books, audiovisuals, and periodicals held primarily in North American libraries)
- Books in Print
- Multidatabase Vendors
(most the the databases available via these vendors are listed individually on this page under the various subject categories)
Research Grants / Clinical Trials
- CRISP replaced by RePORTER, Research Portfolio Online Reporting Tools Expenditures & Results
(A database of federally funded biomedical research projects.)
- Foundation Center (provided by Grants Administration)
- Community of Sciences (provided by Grants Administration)
Religion, Spirituality & Theology
News, business, and legal
- Omaha World Herald (current month)
- Newsbank (for Omaha World Herald from 8/4/83 thru one week embargo). Omaha Public Libraries paid for full online access from library computers 1853 to present.
- LexisNexis Academic
- Business Source Complete
- Legal Trac
- eLibrary (formerly Electric Library)
- Indexes journals, newspapers, radio, television, & other sources of information and includes some full-text documents.
- NYTimes.com 1851 to present and phone app requires registration after logging in to the library if off-campus. Crossword not included. Unlimited access to public domain 1851 to 1922, 5 downloads a month 1923-1980, unlimited 1981-present at NYTimes.com. 1851-2011 unlimited ProQuest Historical Newspapers: The New York Times.
- WSJ Wall Street Journal 1984 to present.
- Dissertation Abstracts
- Proquest Dissertations & Theses @ Creighton University (fall 2009 to present)
- Creighton Digital Repository Theses and Dissertations
NCBI Sequence Databases