Unnatural Causes. California Newsreel, c2008. 4 hour documentary series about socio-economic and racial inequities in health care. Supplementary content available at http://www.unnaturalcauses.org/. Requires Media Player or Flip4Mac to view. The main file is .wmv, try the .mov file if you are unable to play the .wmv file.
If you are still unable to play the files, right-click and Save Link As to save to your harddrive and then try playing the downloaded file.
- In Sickness and In Wealth (.mov file) (56 min.) How does the distribution of power, wealth and resources shape opportunities for health?
- When the Bough Breaks (.mov file) (29 min.) Can racism become embedded in the body and affect birth outcomes?
- Becoming American (.mov file) (29 min.) Latino immigrants arrive healthy, so why don't they stay that way?
- Bad Sugar (.mov file) (29 min.) What are the connections between diabetes, oppression, and empowerment in two Native American communities?
- Place Matters (.mov file) (29 min.) Why is your street address such a strong predictor of your health?
- Collateral Damage (.mov file) (29 min.) How do Marshall Islanders pay for globalization and U.S. military policy with their health?
- Not Just a Paycheck (.mov file) (30 min.) Why do layoffs take such a huge toll in Michigan but cause hardly a ripple in Sweden?