Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
EAP provides professional counseling, information, and referral services to faculty, staff and their families. The program offers confidential consultation on a wide variety of personal, family and/or work-related problems that may contribute to high levels of stress and interfere with health and work performance.
EAP is a great service designed to help with the following:
- Family or Parenting issues
- Alcohol or drug dependencies
- Adjusting to change
- Child and elder care
- Pre and postnatal concerns
- Work/life balance
- Legal and financial consultation services
*You and your family have up to 8 counseling sessions per problem, per year. View FAQ's for detailed information.
EAP also offers work/life services. This program is designed to help balance life and work, all the while making it easier for you, the employee. For example, if you need to find a retirement community for a parent, or a daycare for your child – EAP can assist you. Simply call EAP and explain your service needs, and they will do the research for you and return a call with the information requested.
-Coupon Savings are also available through EAP in your area.
There are 2 ways to use the EAP:
1. Access their website at http://www.magellanhealth.com/member
- Here you’ll find tips on everything from parenting, to weight loss, to depression. These services are free to you, as an employee, and are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
2. Call EAP at 1-800-424-4831
- As an employee, you are eligible to receive up to 8 consultations per issue, per year. If the issue requires more than 8 consultations, EAP will refer you to the health plan and/or community for further assistance.
- If a referral is made to a private counselor or community agency, the individual is responsible through health insurance or personal resources for payment to the counselor or agency for all services rendered.
- Your dependents (spouses and children who qualify as a dependent status) may also use this benefit.