Skip to main content

Employee Assistance Program (EAP)

EAP provides professional counseling, information, and referral services to faculty, staff and their families. The program offers confidential consultation on a wide variety of personal, family and/or work-related problems that may contribute to high levels of stress and interfere with health and work performance.

EAP is a great service designed to help with the following:

  • Stress
  • Family or Parenting issues
  • Alcohol or drug dependencies
  • Adjusting to change
  • Self-improvement
  • Child and elder care
  • Pre and postnatal concerns
  • Grief
  • Work/life balance
  • Legal and financial consultation services

*You and your family have up to 8 counseling sessions per problem, per year. View FAQ's for detailed information.

EAP also offers work/life services. This program is designed to help balance life and work, all the while making it easier for you, the employee. For example, if you need to find a retirement community for a parent, or a daycare for your child – EAP can assist you. Simply call EAP and explain your service needs, and they will do the research for you and return a call with the information requested. 

-Coupon Savings are also available through EAP in your area.

There are 2 ways to use the EAP: 

1.     Access their website at

  • Here you’ll find tips on everything from parenting, to weight loss, to depression.  These services are free to you, as an employee, and are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 

2.     Call EAP at 1-800-424-4831

  • As an employee,  you are eligible to receive up to 8 consultations per issue, per year. If the issue requires more than 8 consultations, EAP will refer you to the health plan and/or community for further assistance. 
  • If a referral is made to a private counselor or community agency, the individual is responsible through health insurance or personal resources for payment to the counselor or agency for all services rendered.
  • Your dependents (spouses and children who qualify as a dependent status) may also use this benefit.