2011 EAP Newsletters
- November 2011 - Living the Good Life!
- October 2011 - There is Hope!
- August 2011 - Enjoy a Full and Balanced Life!
- July 2011 - Turn Conflict into Collaboration
- June 2011 - Responding to Life's Curveballs
- May 2011 - Maximizing Program Utilization
- April 2011 - Face Your Stress Head On!
- March 2011 - Overcoming Crises at Work
- February 2011 - Save for a Rainy Day
- January 2011 - Give Yourself the Power!
Work-Life Services Coming April 1, 2011
Magellan's work-life services bring together, in one program, the latest information, resources and referrals to find practical solutions to the challenges you face throughout all life stages. For more information on this program, see the following fliers.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
EAP provides professional counseling, information and referral services to faculty, staff and their families. The program offers confidential consultation on a wide variety of personal, family and/or work-related problems that may contribute to high levels of stress and interfere with health and work performance.
EAP is a great service designed to help with the following:
- Family or Parenting issues
- Alcohol or drug dependencies
- Adjusting to change
- Child and elder care
- Pre and postnatal concerns
- Work/life balance
- Legal and financial consultation services
*Creighton employees are offered 8 counseling session per problem, per year. View FAQ's for detailed information.
EAP also offers work/life services. This program is designed to help balance life and work, all the while making it easier for you, the employee. For example, if you need to find a retirement community for a parent, or a daycare for your child – EAP can assist you. Simply call EAP and explain your service needs, and they will do the research for you and return a call with the information requested.
-Coupon Savings are also available through EAP in your area.
There are 2 ways to use the EAP:
1. Access their website at http://www.magellanhealth.com/member
- Here you’ll find tips on everything from parenting, to weight loss, to depression. These services are free to you, as an employee, and are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
2. Call EAP at 1-800-424-4831
- As an employee, you are eligible to receive up to 8 consultations per issue, per year. If the issue requires more than 8 consultations, EAP will refer you back to the health plan and/or community for further assistance.
- If a referral is made to a private counselor or community agency, the individual is responsible, through health insurance or personal resources, for payment to the counselor or agency for all services rendered.
- Your dependents (spouses and children who qualify as a dependent status) may also use this benefit.