New CCAP/HSA Participants
HSA Contribution Rule: You must be enrolled in CCAP plan and have no other low deductible health coverage.
What must I complete to receive the Employer Contributions?
- All employees who enroll in the Creighton Consumer Account Health Plan (CCAP) must complete the SimplyWell Health Risk Questionnaire (HRQ) and health screening to receive employer contribution money into their Health Savings Account at PayFlex.
- All participants MUST open an HSA account with PayFlex in order to receive the Creighton contribution and/or make contributions via payroll deduction.
- HSA Contribution Rule: You must be enrolled in CCAP plan and have no other low deductible health coverage.
How do I establish my PayFlex account, the HRQ, and setup my screening date?
The employer contribution deposit can be finished once the employee follows the three steps below:
- Employee establishes a Health Savings Account with PayFlex by accessing and completing an application at the PayFlex HSA Portal at Health Hub. In order to ensure timely deposits, the application must be completed within 31 days of employment. Once you have completed the account enrollment process, PayFlex will issue you a debit card, and you will receive information about how to receive reimbursement, how to make an investment election, etc.
- Employee completes the on-line SimplyWell Health Risk Questionnaire (HRQ). Please log onto MyCreighton and click on the green apple icon on the left hand side to access SimplyWell and complete the questionnaire within 60 days from date of hire. The Wellness program guide provides the necessary details to complete this process and is located on the Wellness Program website. Please contact Dawn Obermiller at ext. 5721 with any questions.
- Employee schedules and completes the Health Screening. When you access the Health Risk Questionnaire, you will be given available dates and times to schedule a Health Screening. Please schedule your screening closest to your date of hire* (60 days from date of coverage start date).
*Exception: If your hire date is October through December, the HRQ & Health Screening are waived as it overlaps with open enrollment processes for the up-coming year.
New Hire Creighton Contribution Amounts
Employer Contribution Amounts
The employer contributions paid into the HSA bank account on behalf of the employee is pro-rated based on the following schedule:
Creighton Contribution Table
Coverage Effective Date
January - March
April - June
July - September
October - December
Upon completion of the Health Risk Questionnaire (HRQ), Health Screening, and establishing an account at PayFlex, employer contribution deposits will be made as soon as administratively feasible.
Information about PayFlex
- For active employees enrolled in the CCAP plan, Creighton will pay the account fees.
- Please DO NOT complete the online account application if you already have a Creighton HSA account set up.
- If you are unsure if you have enrolled, or as a new hire submitted an application on-line but not sure the account was established, please do not try again.
- For questions about accessing your Health Savings Account, please contact PayFlex.
HSA Contribution Facts
- HSA contribution limits for 2014 are $3,300 single coverage and $6,550 family coverage; for 55 and older the limits are $4,300 single coverage and $7,550 family coverage; this includes both employee and employer contributions. You must subtract the University’s contribution from the total amount you are allowed to contribute. For example: if you elect single coverage, and Creighton contributes $500 because you completed the HRQ and health screening, your annual contribution cannot exceed $2,800, for a total of $3,300.
- If you are 65 or older and are enrolled in Medicare, the IRS will not allow you to open or contribute to an HSA, though you still can elect the CCAP medical plan. If you are 65 or older and have not enrolled in Medicare, you are eligible to contribute to an HSA.
- Refer to IRS Publication 502 for covered medical and dental expenses.
- HSA Contribution Rule: You must be enrolled in the CCAP plan and have no other low deductible health coverage.