New CCAP/HSA Participants
2011 HSA Contribution Rule: You must be enrolled in CCAP plan and have no other low deductible health coverage.
What must I complete to receive the Employer Contributions?
- All employees who enroll in the Creighton Consumer Account Health Plan (CCAP) must complete the SimplyWell Health Risk Questionnaire (HRQ) and health screening to receive employer contribution money into their Health Savings Account at PayFlex.
- All participants MUST open an HSA account with PayFlex in order to receive the Creighton contribution and/or make contributions via payroll deduction.
- 2011 HSA Contribution Rule: You must be enrolled in CCAP plan and have no other low deductible health coverage.
How do I establish my PayFlex account, the HRQ, and setup my screening date?
The employer contribution deposit can be finished once the employee follows the 3 steps below:
- Employee establishes a Health Savings Account with PayFlex. Please access the PayFlex HSA Portal at Health Hub. In order to ensure timely deposits, you must complete the application within 31 days of employment. Once you have completed the account enrollment process, PayFlexwill issue you a debit card, and you will receive information about how to receive reimbursement, how to make an investment election etc.
- Employee completes the on-line SimplyWell Health Risk Questionnaire (HRQ). Please log on to MyCreighton via the Creighton home page to access SimplyWell to complete the questionnaire within 60 days from date of hire. The Wellness guide is available on the Wellness Program website. To provide the necessary details to complete this process, go to Faculty/Staff web page or contact Dawn Obermiller at ext. 5721 with questions.
- Employee schedules and completes the Health Screening. After completing the Health Risk Questionnaire, you will be given available dates and times to schedule a Health Screeing. Please schedule your screening closest to your date of hire* (60 days from date of coverage start date).
*Exception: If your hire date is October through December, the HRQ & screening are waived as it overlaps with open enrollment processes for the up-coming year.
New Hire Creighton Contribution Amounts
Employer Contribution Amounts
The employer contributions paid into the HSA bank account on behalf of the employee is pro-rated based on the following schedule:
Upon completion of the Health Risk Questionnaire, screening and establishing an account at PayFlex, employer contribution deposits will be made as soon as administratively feasible.
Information about PayFlex
- For active employees enrolled in the CCAP plan, Creighton will pay the account fees.
- Please DO NOT complete the online account application if you already have a Creighton HSA account set up.
- If you are unsure if you have enrolled, or as a new hire submitted an application on-line but are not sure the account was established, please do not try again.
- For questions about accessing your Health Savings Account, please contact PayFlex.
HSA Contribution Facts
- HSA contribution limits for 2012 are $3,100 single coverage and $6,250 family coverage; for 55 and older the limits are $4,100 single coverage and $7,250 family coverage; this includes both employee and employer contributions. You must subtract the University’s contribution from the total amount you are allowed to contribute. For example: if you elect single coverage, and Creighton contributes $750 because you completed the HRQ and health screening, your annual contribution cannot exceed $2,350, for a total of $3,100.
- If you are 65 or older and are enrolled in Medicare, the IRS will not allow you to open or contribute to an HSA, though you still can elect the CCAP medical plan. If you are 65 or older and have not enrolled in Medicare, you are eligible to contribute to an HSA.
- Refer to IRS Publication 502 for covered medical and dental expenses.
- HSA Contribution Rule: You must be enrolled in the CCAP plan and have no other low deductible health coverage.