Leadership roles at the University are vital to its successful operation. The Compass Management Development program provides managers with adequate training and resources to assist in managing day-to-day operations.
On going leadership development opportunities include webinars, round tables, and new manager training, which are available several times throughout the year.
- Creighton is preparing for annual performance reviews. To help managers prep for conversations of reflection and future development, Janet Walker, President and founder of J. Walker and Associates, Inc., is facilitating two sessions for leaders. Sign up for Planning for Performance-Feedback Tools for Managers on May 21st from 10:00-12:00 or May 23rd from 1:00-3:00.
- Managing performance doesn't end with the review cycle. Managers and Supervisors are invited to attend Coaching for Performance on September 10th from 8:00 - 10:00 or September 12th from 1:00 - 3:00 to help gain the resources needed to keep employees motivated and engaged throughout the year.
- Leading in Times of Flux for Supervisors and Managers examines the workplace climate of change and common reactions during the change process. In case you missed this event, watch the archived version now.
- Did you miss Assoc. Professor Ran Kuttner with Creighton's Werner Institute present Constructive Conflict Engagement at the Workplace: A Collaborative Approach? Watch it here!
- Manager Orientation: HR Survival Skills. This session is designed for new managers to Creighton University or those employees recently promoted to a leadership role. Topics covered include expectations of Creighton leaders, staffing and onboarding, performance evaluations, pay practices, employee relations and more! http://www.eventbrite.com/event/4447462480#Register here for the March 5th session! *If you're a manager interested in attending as a refresher to HR topics, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.