Position Requisition Process
POSITION REQUISITION INSTRUCTIONS
To initiate a recruitment process for a position, you must complete the Position Requisition Form following the instructions below.
1. Complete all necessary information on the Job Requisition Form (click on each underlined field and type in the information).
2. Submit to email@example.com
3. After Human Resources reviews, it will be forwarded to the appropriate Vice President for review.
4. The Vice President will review and if supports, they will forward to the University Cabinet for approval.
5. Approved positions will be communicated to the Hiring Manager from Human Resources.
Positions exempt from this approval process are faculty, grant-funded, student and 90 day or less temporary assignments.
Employees can manage and update address changes as needed online through Employee Self Service. To view and/or update your address information, click the link and you will be directed to the Welcome Page for Employee Self Service. After you have logged on, click on the Personal Information option to view/change your data.
Direct Deposit Payroll Form
After printing and completing the Direct Deposit form, please send to the Payroll Department.
Employee Separation Form
Employee Action Form and Instructions
The Employee Action Form (EAF) is used for current full and part-time employees. Creighton Student actions are prepared on a different form available from
Web Access Tips:
- Access the form through the web each time you prepare an employee action. This will insure that you are using the latest version of the form.
- When you click on the link to open the EAF document, change the view to “Print Layout.” The “Print Layout” view enables you to see the document correctly.
- Complete and save the word document using a document name such as, EAF for (name of employee and current date). If you create many EAF documents, this will enable you to locate them easier for future reference.
- Always use the employee’s legal name. Creighton employs many people with similar names.
- Please do not abbreviate the employee’s name, title or organization name.
- Always use the tab key to go to the next field. DO NOT use the enter key.
- To change an entry in a previous field, do one of the following:
- Use the mouse and click in the field you wish to change.
- Hold the shift key down while pressing the tab key to navigate backwards through the form.
- The dotted lines indicate a List of Values (drop down boxes). Click on the dotted lines to make a selection.
Note the following formatted fields:
- Dates are formatted as mm/dd/yyyy or dd-mon-yr
- Amount fields are formatted with the $ (when entering cents, add the decimal point)
- Percentage fields are formatted with %
- Title the subject line of the e-mail as: “EAF for (name of employee and current date).” The e-mail should be marked as high importance (use the red exclamation point) and request a receipt (click options and check the “request a delivery receipt” box).
- Do not copy a completed EAF into the body part of an e-mail document. This destroys the formatting and prevents Human Resources from incorporating their work on to the form
- Please send one e-mail per EAF. Employee actions can be very complex, thus, we must limit the chance of misunderstanding or miscommunication. Grouping several forms together prevents approvers and Human Resources from communicating efficiently, effectively and accurately about the intended action. To attempt communication about a particular form that has been grouped with others only unnecessarily increases the likelihood of error.
- All subsequent EAF approvers need to request an e-mail receipt (click options and check the “request a delivery receipt” box). This will assist in tracking the form.
- After completing the EAF, e-mail the form and attachments to the next approver. That individual should forward the e-mail with attachments to the next person for approval and so on until it reaches the Human Resources Department. The next approver should state their approval of the action, including their name and title in the e-mail. This point is very important if a department has set up a shared e-mail account for document approval. As the document continues to be forwarded, the e-mail addresses that appear within the body of the e-mail will suffice as approval from all individuals involved in the approval process. If one of the approvers needs to change information on the form, the changes should be identified on the form and in the body of the e-mail for documentation purposes.
- Transactions involving fund numbers starting with a ‘2’ must route through the Controller’s Office for approval before the final submission to Human Resources. For approval, e-mail the EAF and attachments to Grants.Accounting@creighton.edu.
- The Human Resources Department has a designated e-mail address for submission of EAF forms. The final submission of the form and any supporting documentation should be sent to HR_Employee_Action_Form@creighton.edu. Any other supporting paper documentation that is not in the e-mail should be forwarded to Human Resources; Attn: Rosie Meekins.
Employment/Staffing Forms and Resources
- Interview Evaluation Form: Use this form when making an assessment on a candidate after interviewing.
- Background Investigation Form (PDF) (Fillable Form): This form must be completed by the applicant to authorize the background check.
- Telephone Reference Form: This form is used to conduct reference checks via the phone on candidates.
- Federal I-9 Form
- State and Federal Notices and Employment Postings: For EEO, I-9, Right to Work, FMLA, OSHA, NLRA and other employment notices and updates, click to view the PDF with active links.
Flexible Spending Account
- FMLA Request Form (Fillable Form)
- Certification of Health Care Provider Statement (Employee's Own Illness)
- Certification of Health Care Provider Statement (Employee's Family Member)
- Fit for Duty Certification
- Short Term Disability Claim Form
Please contact Toni Parsley at 280-2913 with any questions.
Hiring Protocol for Interns & Volunteers & Form
If your department is considering an unpaid summer intern or volunteer, it can be a benefit to both Creighton and the student, but only if all parties follow the rules. Remember the Department of Labor has rules governing unpaid internships.
Other Benefit Forms
Biweekly paperwork is due the Tuesday before the end of a pay period. Monthly paperwork is due the 18th of the month. If the 18th falls on a weekend, the deadline is moved to the Friday before the 18th.
Performance Management Tools
- Performance Evaluation Form
- Performance Evaluation Form- Division of Student Life
- Employee Self Assessment
- Evaluation Instructions
- Sample Individual Objectives
- Errors in Performance Evaluations
- Development Plan Form
- Development Plan TIPS
- Tips for conducting Performance Evaluations
- Performance evaluation timeline and steps
Phone Number Changes
Employees can manage and update phone numbers and add additional contact numbers as needed online through Employee Self Service. To view and/or update your phone number information, click the link and you will be directed to the Welcome Page for Employee Self Service. After you have logged on, click on the Personal Information option to view/change your data.
After completing the W-4 form print and send to the Payroll Department.