What an employee can expect from Creighton University...
Creighton University will:
- Be a responsive employer and adhere to the principles of diversity and equal employment opportunity in its employment practices.
- Offer opportunities and encouragement for personal growth and career development.
What Creighton University expects from an employee...
In order to achieve our goal of providing comprehensive excellence in education and service, the University expects an employee to:
- Exercise best effort to complete all assigned responsibilities.
- Be regular and punctual in attendance.
- Cooperate with co-workers in a spirit of teamwork.
- Comply with all established University policies and procedures.
- Ask questions when unclear or unsure of work responsibilities and offer suggestions to enhance the work environment.
- Take initiative for career development through available education and training programs.
If an employee has questions or concerns about working conditions or compensation, he/she is encouraged to talk with his/her supervisor.
Our experience has shown that when employees deal openly with their supervisor the work environment can be rewarding, communications can be clear, and attitudes can be positive.
The University is committed to promoting positive working relationships and effective communication among employees. The Employee Relations Administrator serves as a resource to employees in addressing the concerns encountered in the workplace. In addition, the Employee Relations Administrator provides guidance to supervisors and employees on human resource issues and suggestions on programs to enhance the working environment.
Employees are encouraged to contact the Human Resources Department to discuss workplace issues and concerns.
Policies of Interest
Absenteeism and Tardiness Policy – Policy 2.2.19