Associate Vice President for Research and Compliance: Kathleen Diaz Taggart
Office Location: Criss 1, Room 111
Associate Director for Research and Compliance: Sara Coolman
Quality Assurance Monitor/Auditor
Office Location: Criss 1, Room 109
Mailing Address: Creighton University
2500 California Plaza
Criss 1, Rm 111
Omaha NE 68178
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
OFFICE OF RESEARCH AND COMPLIANCE
Welcome to the Office of Research and Compliance at Creighton University. Our mission is to ensure University compliance with federal, state, and local regulations regarding research.
The mission of the Office of Research and Compliance is rooted in the Catholic and Jesuit principles that guide the institution as a whole. Programs address the needs of all our researchers, from those just entering the world of research, like students, to our most seasoned investigators.
This web site provides information on the University's Research and Compliance regulatory function. The Research and Sponsored Programs Compliance Plan provides the University community with an overview of research compliance issues, roles and responsibilities, and how they relate to research and sponsored program activities at Creighton University. You will also find information on each of the University research regulatory oversight offices, committees, and boards.
REGULATORY OVERSIGHT OFFICES
- Research and Compliance Office
- Sponsored Programs Administration Office
- Clinical Research Office
- Human Research Protection Program
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee Office
- Institutional Biosafety Committee Office
- Intellectual Resource Management Office
- Radiation Safety Office
- Environmental Health and Safety Office
- Technical Editing and Writing Office
REGULATORY OVERSIGHT BOARDS/COMMITTEES
- Research Compliance Committee
- University Research Council
- Institutional Review Board
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
- Radiation Safety Committee
- Conflict of Interest Review Committee
- Research Misconduct Ad Hoc Committee
Additional information can be found at:
- Research Compliance Quality Assurance Program
- Research and Sponsored Programs Compliance Plan
- Research Misconduct
- Reporting Noncompliance
- Volunteer Committee
- Research and Compliance Services Organizational Chart
Confidential Research Hotline (402-280-3200)
Research Personnel are expected to report any known or suspected noncompliant conduct related to research or sponsored program activities conducted and/or approved through Creighton University. The confidential Research Compliance Hotline (402-280-3200) is available for any individual who wishes to remain anonymous and/or has found other available reporting mechanisms to be ineffective. Research Personnel may also address their research compliance-related questions or concerns to Kathy Taggart, Associate Vice President for Research and Compliance, at 402-280-2360.
A new Financial Conflict of Interest in Research policy and financial conflict of interest disclosure form are now available, and include new disclosure, travel reporting, and public accessibility requirements. For more information, see the Conflict of Interest web site.