September survey results at a glance:
* For a second straight month, the regionís overall index moved below growth neutral 50.0.
* Employment index plummets below growth neutral for the month.
* Wholesale inflation gauge drops to its lowest level since the May 2009.
* Strong U.S. dollar and global economic weakness push new export orders into negative territory.
* The nine-state region has lost almost 15,000 manufacturing jobs since this time last year.
September Survey Results at a Glance:
* The Rural Mainstreet Index sinks below growth neutral for September.
* Farmland prices decline for the 22nd straight month.
* Farm equipment sales remain near record lows.
* Bank CEOs support removing the Farm Creditís tax exempt status and its quasi-government position to level the financial playing field for Rural Mainstreet loans.