August survey results at a glance:
* Weakness in Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota and Oklahoma pushed the regional index below growth neutral for August.
* Wholesale inflation gauge drops to its lowest level since the recession of May 2009.
* Approximately 75 percent expect a September Federal Reserve rate hike to have either a positive, or no impact, on their businesses.
* New hiring remains weak with job gains for Arkansas, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri and South Dakota offset by job losses.
* The nine-state region has lost almost 9,000 manufacturing jobs since January of this year.
August Survey Results at a Glance:
* The Rural Mainstreet Index sinks to growth neutral for August.
* Farmland prices decline for the 21st straight month, but cash rents remain strong at $263 per acre.
* On average, bankers expect farmland prices to decline by another 5.8 percent over the next 12 months.
* Housing sales expand at a healthy pace.