How to Apply to IELI
IELI applicants must be at least 17 years of age and have completed high school. (Exceptions are sometimes made for short-term study.)
Applying to the IELI: Documents Needed
- An IELI Application Form
- A Certification of Available Finances Form, indicating funding from all sources.
- A bank statement showing the most recent 3 months of activity.
- A copy of the personal page of your passport.
- A US$75 Application Fee (cashier's check or money order) payable to Creighton University. This is a one-time, non-refundable fee.
- A certified copy of your transcript(s) in English showing courses, grades and proof of secondary school completion.
Mail Your Application Documents To:
Intensive English Language Institute
2500 California Plaza
Omaha, Nebraska 68178 -- U.S.A.
Or fax your application, financial information, passport page and transcripts to 402.280.2211 and mail the Application Fee to the address above. Do not forget to bring the original transcripts with you. Only completed applications will be processed!
The application deadline is two months before the beginning of the term:
- June 15 for Term 1
- August 15 for Term 2
- November 15 for Term 3
- January 15 for Term 4
- April 15 for Term 5 (Summer Term)
Acceptance to IELI
Once accepted into IELI, you will receive an acceptance letter and an I-20 with further instructions. You will need those documents to apply for an entry visa at the nearest U.S. Embassy or consulate. Full-time students must enter the U.S. on a student visa, not a tourist visa.
Admission to Creighton University
Admission to Creighton?s IELI does not include admission to degree programs at Creighton University. If you plan to enter Creighton University, you should apply for admission to the University.