International Programs  >  Study Abroad  >  Forms & Insurance  >  Pre-Departure Forms

Pre-Departure Forms

Any undergraduate or graduate/professional school student traveling abroad will be required to submit the pre - departure forms and documents listed below prior to depature. Students will receive the forms and submission instructions after they have received approval to study/travel abroad from the OIP. For planning purposes students should review the list of requirements below.Students who do not have complete files prior to their departure will not be eligible to receive academic credit or financial aid for their experience overseas.


 Term of Participation 

Forms Deadline

Summer FLPA's

April 1

Summer Programs (non-FLPA's)

May 1

Fall Semester & Full Year Participation

May 1

Spring Semester Participation

December 1

Grad/Professional School Students

4 weeks prior to departure


Please contact OIP


Form or Document


Copy of Photo Page of Passport

A legible photocopy of your current passport (the one you will be traveling on).  


Assumption of Risk & Release Waiver

A waiver form all participants will be required to read and sign; any participants age 21 and under will be required to have a parent/guardian sign this form.                                         

Health Disclosure Form

A form inquiring about your health history, accommodations needed while abroad, and emergency contacts.

Medical Approval Form

This form is a medical approval for international travel and must be signed by a healthcare provider. All students are required to have a travel physical no earlier than 6 months prior to departure.

Copy of Immunization History

Immunization history record from CU Student Health (if they do not have your full record, you will need to obtain it form your healthcare provider and submit it to them).

Flight Information Form

This form asks for details regarding your travel plans; it also requires that you register your trip with the U.S. State Department.

Flight Itinerary

A copy of your complete flight itinerary (all "legs" included).

Travel Insurance Enrollment Form

International travel insurance is required for some participants. All participants must complete the enrollment form either purchasing insurance or declining coverage (if eligible). Click here for a list of travel insurance requirements.

Note to CU Faculty/Staff Traveling Abroad:  Faculty and staff traveling individually or with a group should plan to submit a copy of their passport, copy of their complete flight itinerary, the Flight Information Form, and the Travel Insurance Enrollment Form.  In addition, if leading a FLPA or other student group, the OIP and/or respective Dean's Office should receive a day-to-day itinerary, hotel information, and in-country contact information.