Technology Transfer For Industry/Business
Creighton IRM helps bring brilliant research discoveries to the marketplace. For industry and business, our technology transfer services include:
- Providing non-confidential information about Creighton University's intellectual property
- Negotiating confidentiality and material transfer agreements for projects
- Negotiating licensing agreements that are mutually satisfactory for all parties involved
Those interested in licensing Creighton technology(ies) should contact Intellectual Resource Management at Creighton.
- The initial licensing discussions between IRM and an interested business typically involve the following:
- Licensee's objectives, needs and constraints
- Creighton's objectives, needs, and constraints:
- Commercial development
- Constraints associated with federally-funded intellectual property
- Share in financial return from our investment
- Management of potential conflict of interest
- High-level discussion regarding terms of the license:
- Field(s) of use
- Reimbursement of patent fees
- Royalties (royalty rate, minimum payments, etc.)
- Equity (if a start-up company)
- Diligence milestones (if appropriate)
- Businesses may be required to sign Confidentiality Agreements and/or Material Transfer Agreements.
- Successful licensing negotiations and discussions are concluded with the signing of a Licensing Agreement.
IRM provides intellectual property management services to businesses interested in licensing, developing, marketing and selling intellectual property originating at Creighton University or elsewhere. Following are the types of services we offer:
- Business plan development
- Patentability reviews
- Prior art searches
- Marketing consultation
- Market analysis
Industries/businesses interested in IRM's intellectual property management consulting services should contact Darlene Golden, IRM-TTO Operations Specialist, at 402-280-3651.