This position is part of the Campus Ministry team, working to implement Creighton University's mission as a Catholic, Jesuit institution through opportunities for prayer, service, and reflection. As one of six departments within the Division of University Ministry, Campus Ministry offers programs in five main areas: liturgy, music, retreats, marriage preparation, and faith development. The Campus Ministry Graduate Assistant will be supervised generally by the Campus Ministry Director and specifically by various Campus Ministry staff members, dependent upon program and area responsibilities.
- This position is for 2 years, 10 months per year. Year 2 is contingent on a satisfactory performance evaluation at the end of Year 1. (Year 1 defined as August 2014 - 2015 and Year 2 defined as August 2015 - 2016.)
- Mid and end of year report and self-evaluation with the Director each year.
- An average of 20 hours per week is required, understanding that, due to the nature of ministry work, there will be weeks above and below the hours listed; evening and weekend hours are frequent; generally follows Creighton staff work calendar.
- Majority of responsibility (depending upon experience and interests of the Graduate Assistant and the needs of Campus Ministry) will fall within one of Campus Ministry's main program areas each year, in addition to some smaller programs in other areas, with a goal of providing a comprehensive ministry experience.
- To learn more about Campus Ministry and our programs, visit our website: www.creighton.edu/campusministry.
- Full tuition in graduate studies (cap of 46 credit hours based on the Master of Arts in Ministry) for a Master of Arts in Ministry, Theology, or Christian Spirituality; if Master of Arts in Theology is chosen, up to three courses from the Master of Arts in Ministry program will be required of the Graduate Assistant, with a goal of providing a strong foundation in theories, ethics, and approaches to ministry.
- Monthly stipend of $1,000; student is responsible for books, fees, and health insurance.
- Opportunities to participate in professional development at select conferences and personal development through select retreat opportunities, with costs covered.
- Bachelor's degree with a G.P.A. that meets the Graduate School admission requirement.
- Knowledge of, experience in, and enthusiasm for ministry, reflection, and service programs.
- Community-oriented, hospitable, strong in balancing multiple tasks, at ease working with people of diverse faith backgrounds.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills, active faith life and ability to articulate it to others, passionate desire to serve college students.
- A year or more of post-graduate work or volunteer experience preferred, but not required.
Academic and Student Responsibilities
- A Campus Ministry Graduate Assistant must work with program academic advisor to be enrolled in appropriate number of hours of graduate course work and maintain the required G.P.A. in her/his graduate field of study.
- Lives out and models all expectations in full as outlined in the Student Credo and the Code of Conduct in the Creighton University Student Handbook.
Please email the following to Kyle Lierk (contact information below):
- A resume (which includes undergraduate area of study and GPA).
- Contact information for three references.
- Responses to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in becoming part of Creighton University Campus Ministry as a Graduate Assistant?
- What gifts, talents, and experience do you bring that will benefit Campus Ministry, Creighton students, the Omaha community, and beyond? Give an example from your life to articulate your answer.
- What role do you think faith and spirituality play in the lives of college-age young adults?
Application Deadline: March 3, 2014.
Candidates may be contacted for a phone/Skype and/or on-campus interview after their application is received. Final acceptance for the Campus Ministry Graduate Assistantship is contingent upon successful admission into a Creighton University graduate studies program: www.creighton.edu/gradschool.
Start date for Campus Ministry Graduate Assistant is August 4, 2014. Start date for academic programs vary. For more information, contact Kyle Lierk, Director of Campus Ministry, at email@example.com or 402-280-2591.
2500 California Plaza
Omaha, NE 68178