Justice Walking is a comprehensive, faith-based and service-focused program inviting students to go deeper in their faith lives and explore ministry of presence through experience, education, and reflective understanding. Students do not have to embrace a particular faith perspective to participate in the program, but should be open to faith as a critical component for human dignity.
Program Components 2017-2018
Justice Walkers commit to the following responsibilities:
- Participate in the program for one academic year
- Complete all training and requirements for hospice volunteer service, as well as any additional training implemented by the Justice Walking Student Coordinators, AseraCare Hospice staff, or Campus Ministry
- Attend and participate in all Justice Walking service visits every Monday evening during the academic year from approximately 3:45pm - 5:00pm
- Attend and participate in all Justice Walking reflections every other Monday evening during the academic year from approximately 5:15pm - 6:15pm
- Attend the Opening Retreat beginning the evening of Friday, September 8, 2017 through Saturday, September 9, 2017.
- Attend and fully participate in a Fall Break 2017 Service and Justice Trip through the Schlegel Center for Service and Justice. (applications must be submitted by April 11 with a $50 deposit http://blogs.creighton.edu/ccsj/sjt/application/ )
- Fill out the Justice Walking application by Monday, March 13, 2017
- Schedule a 20 minute interview the week of March 13-17, 2017.
- Once you have been notified that you have been accepted into Justice Walking, you must apply for a Fall Break Service and Justice Trip through the SCSJ by April 11, 2017.
Questions? Contact Justice Walking Staff Coordinator, Beth Samson.