Students are invited to leave the noise and busyness of campus and city life behind as we journey to the Black Hills of South Dakota for a weekend retreat that includes hiking, biking, camping, and community. Consider joining us -- and don't forget your sleeping bag!
Dates and Fees:
Labor Day Weekend - Friday, August 29 to Monday, September 1, 2014 in Custer State Park, Black Hills, South Dakota.
**You will miss Friday classes if you have them**
The $175 fee for this retreat is non-refundable and payable by cash or check in the Campus Ministry Office, located in Lower Swanson Hall.
We will provide...
- All meals in South Dakota, transportation, lodging (we pay for the campsites and bring the tents)
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Sturdy shoes or hiking boots
- Layers of clothing so you can adjust to very warm temperatures during the day and when being active, and quite cool temperatures at night (into the low 50s is definitely possible)
- Swimming suit and towel
- Large water bottle (32 oz is a good size)
- Sunscreen and bug spray (especially if you are particular about the kind!)
- Toiletry kit
- Medication (if needed)
- Journal (if you have one)
- Flashlight or headlamp
- You are also responsible for the cost of one fast food meal on the way to South Dakota and one on the return trip; we provide all other food.
Please do not bring...
- Cell phones (they probably won't work anyway!)
- iPads and other devices
Friday, August 22, 2014
All registrations must be completed and payments made in full in the Campus Ministry Office.
Friday, August 29, 2014
Gather for retreat at 9:00am in the Gallagher parking lot by the water fountain.
Monday, September 1, 2014
Return to campus by 7:00pm.