Fees- Decorating- Policies
The fees cover the rental of the Church, bridal room, and a wedding coordinator who will assist the wedding party the evening of rehearsal and the day of the wedding.
$400.00 Parishioners and Creighton University Students. St. John's Church will respect the requests of parishioners registered for six months.
$500.00 Alumni, faculty, and staff of Creighton University
$100.00 Cleaning deposit
Prices are subject to change.
Half of the fee & the deposit are due when making reservations. Infractions of any of the policies will forfeit the return of the deposit. The remaining amount is due 6 months before the weddings. If you wedding reservation needs to be cancelled, a full refund will be issued if cancelled 9 months before the date of the weddings.
- During Lent/Easter - Advent/Christmas, liturgical decor can not be moved
- Lent begins with Ash Wednesday and the Easter Season ends on Pentecost Sunday
- Advent begins 4 weeks before Christmas and Christmas Season ends on the Epiphany.
- Pew decorations are limited to bows, and simple floral arrangements that can be attached with soft coverings.
- All candles must be enclosed in glass and used only on the back altar, the only exception is the Unity Candle.
- Aisle Runners can not be used at St. John's due to the hazards of using them on tile floors.
- Luminaries are not allowed outside or inside the church, absolutely no sparklers, or other fireworks are permitted outside the church.
- All decorations must be removed following your wedding by the time indicated on your reservation.
- Rice, birdseed, confetti, flowers or petals ( or similar items) may not be thrown inside or outside of the Church
- Click here for a PDF with pictures of ideas for decor
- Each wedding is allowed one hour of photography in the Church, see scheduling
- Pictures taken outside are not coordinated through the Church. Contact the Student Center for use of other areas on Campus. 280-1700.
- A room is avialable for the bride and the bride's maids & scheduled when making reservations. Please make arrangements to have the room clean and clear by the time the wedding starts.
Food and Drinks
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed in or around the Church premises.
- Food, beverages or smoking are not allowed in Church or sacristy.
If you wish to have snacks for the wedding party please make arrangements when scheduling your wedding