Honors & Grants
Diana Domnitei, M.D.
Resident Class of 2011
- Zerbe, K. and Domnitei, D. Eating Disorders at Middle Age Part 2. Eating Disorders Review, May/June 2004, Vol 15 (3). [http://www.bulimia.com/client/client_pages/newsletter24.cfm]
- Zerbe, K. and Domnitei, D. Eating Disorders at Middle Age Part 1. Eating Disorders Review, March/April 2004, Vol 15 (2). [http://www.bulimia.com/client/client_pages/newsletter23.cfm]
- Paraneoplastic Encephalitis in a Patient with Mature Ovarian Teratoma and NMDA Receptor Antibodies. Accepted for poster presentation at the Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine 2009 Annual Meeting.
- CAM or sCAM for Mood Disorders: Herbals and Beyond! Abstract submitted for presentation at the American Psychiatric Association 2010 Annual Meeting.
Robert Ellis, M.D.
Resident Class of 2011, Post Pediatrics Child Psychiatry Fellowship Program
Publications (click link to view a listing of Dr. Ellis' publications)
Shannon Kinnan, M.D.
Resident Class of 2010
Awards and Honors:
- 2009 – Chief Resident, Creighton-University of Nebraska Dept. of Psychiatry.
- 2008 – Associate Chief Resident, Creighton-University of Nebraska Dept. of Psychiatry.
- Madaan V, Kinnan S, Daughton J, Kratochvil CJ. Innovations and recent trends in the treatment of ADHD. Expert Rev. Neurotherapeutics 6 (9), 1375-1385 (2006). [www.expert-reviews.com/doi/abs/10.1586/1473718.104.22.1685]
- Sub-investigator in the NIMH Schizophrenia Relapse Prevention Trial (2008-current)
- Sub-investigator in Eli Lilly Clinical Trial for Alcohol Dependence (2009-current)
Rashmi Ojha, M.D.
Resident Class of 2011
- Suicide Attempt and Psychosis Revealed After an Apparent Traffic Accident: A Case Report. Prim Care Companion J Clin Psychiatry. 2008; 10(6): 486.
- Ojha, R., Bhatia, S. Tramadol Dependence in a Patient with No Previous Substance History. Primary Care Companion, Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, [http://www.psychiatrist.com/private/pccpdf/article_wrapper.asp]
- Ojha, R. Bottle of Pink Lemonade. Psychiatric Times 2010; 27(2). http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/display/article/10168/1518312
- Female Hypersexuality and Pathogenic Masturbation in Bipolar Mania; Institute on Psychiatric Services (IPS) Annual Meeting October 2-5, 2008 – Chicago
- Metformin Induced Vitamin B12 Deficiency: Presenting As Confusion and Psychiatric Symptoms in an Elderly Male; Institute on Psychiatric Services (IPS) Annual Meeting October 8-11, 2009 – New York
Vithyalakshmi Selvaraj, M.D.
Resident Class of 2010
Awards & Honors:
- 2009 - Star Resident Award in January, nominated by faculty from the Creighton-University of Nebraska Dept. of Psychiatry
- 2008 – President of Psychiatry Residents’ Organization (PRO) Creighton-University of Nebraska Dept. of Psychiatry
- 2001 - Sapthagiri Best Graduating Medical Student Award, Stanley Medical College Hospital, Chennai,Tamilnadu, India
- 1990-2001 – Classical Dance, multiple awards, Our Lady of Lourdes Girl’s Higher Secondary School, Dindigul, Tamilnadu, India
- Selvaraj V. Treating the "Difficult" Patient. Psychiatric News. April 2, 2010. Vol. 45 No. 7 11-23. [http://pn.psychiatryonline.org/content/45/7/11.2.full?sid=69f61132-0c17-4998-a933-b946d731cde4]
- Selvaraj V, Padala PR. Thyroid Myopathy with Rhabdomyolysis Presenting as Agitation: A Case Report. Primary Care Companion to the Journal of Clinical Psychiatry 2008; 10 (4): 328. [http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2528229/]
- Selvaraj V, Veeravalli S, Ramaswamy S, Balon R, Yeragani V. Depression, Suicidality and Antidepressants: A Coincidence? Indian Journal of Psychiatry 2010; 52:17-20. [http://www.indianjpsychiatry.org/text.asp?2010/52/1/17/58890]
- Selvaraj V, Ramaswamy S, Wilson D. Treating Insomnia in Women Across Life Stages. Current Psychiatry. In press.
- Selvaraj V, Sharma A, Ramaswamy S, Wilson D. New Onset Psychosis and Emergence of Suicidal Ideation with Aripiprazole. Submitted to the American Journal of Psychiatry.
- Selvaraj V, Ramaswamy S, Bhatia S, Wilson D. How To Assess Memory Complaints in Mood and Anxiety Disorders. Submitted to Current Psychiatry.
- Selvaraj V, Yeragani V. Overview of Jitteriness Syndrome. Submitted to the Indian Journal of Psychiatry.
- Selvaraj V, Yeragani V. Hormonal Contraceptives as a Cause of Mood Disorder. Submitted to the Indian Journal of Psychiatry.
Books and Chapters:
- Selvaraj V, Ramaswamy S. Psychopharmacology Made Easy.
Other Academic Projects:
- www.plabpass.i-p.com – This was a free website previously launched by Dr. Selvaraj which had useful information for overseas doctors preparing for the Professional and Linguistics Board (PLAB) test in 2002. The site contained extended matching questions with practice tests. This website is no longer in operation.
- BOARD 101 – This is board review course launched by Dr. Selvaraj as a pilot project during her time at the Creighton-Nebraska Residency program.
Co-investigator in the following studies:
- Veteran’s Affairs Medical Center, Omaha NE – August 2009 to present
- Effects of Escitalopram on Autonomic Reactivity in Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Among Veterans of OEF/OIF.
- Depression and Substance Use Comorbidity and Health Care Utilization/Costs in Primary Care.
- Improving Function, Quality of Life, and Hyperglycemia in Diabetic Patients with Dementia.
- Methylphenidate for Apathy in Alzheimer’s Dementia.
- Major Depression Comorbid with Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: An Increased Risk for Bone Loss Among Female Veterans?
- Creighton University Medical Center, Omaha NE – July 2006 to present
- Phase II study of LY2196044 Compared with Placebo in the Treatment of Alcohol Dependence.
- Prospective, Randomized, Active-Controlled, Rater-Blinded Study of the Prevention of Relapse Comparing Paliperidone Palmitate with Oral Risperidone in Adults with Recently Diagnosed Schizophrenia Who Are at High Risk of Relapse.
- Preventing Relapse in Schizophrenia: Oral Antipsychotics Compared to Injectables: Evaluating Efficacy. (Completed study)
- Vigabatrin for Methamphetamine Dependence: A Phase II Study. (Completed Study)