Technology Requirements for Students
All Undergraduate and Graduate nursing students are required to have a laptop they can bring to class activities and exams when notified to do so. The laptop must meet the minimum requirements listed below, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
At this time, an iPad does not fully meet these requirements.
Apple Laptop Recommendation for Undergraduate and Graduate Nursing Students:
Standard MacBook Pro*
Retina Display/Extended Battery MacBook Pro*
2.5GHz dual core Intel Core i5
Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz
4GB 1600MHz memory
500 GB 5400-rpm hard drive
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Built in battery (7 hours)
MacBook Pro w/Retina Display
2.4 Ghz dual core Intel Core i5
Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz
8GB 1600MHz memory
256GB Pcle-based flash storage
Intel Iris Graphics
Built in Batter (9 hours)
* Creighton University's Apple Authorized, iJay, Campus Store sells Apple products and services along with accessories. The store is located on the second floor of Harper or visit the iJay store's website to shop online and order one of the recommended laptops listed above. All computers offered with the educational discount.
The Student Service Desk, DoIT4Students, is certified to service Apple and Lenovo ThinkPad computers.
Minimum computer requirements for Creighton University College of Nursing students:
- Device: Windows PC or Apple Mac laptop computer
- Operating System: Windows 7, 8 Pro (Windows RT, will not run various required applications) / Mac OSX 10.7 (Lion), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks)
- Processor: Minimum 2.4 GHz Intel processor (Core 2 Duo)
- Memory: 4GB of RAM (minimum)
- Hard Disk Space: 128GB (minimum)
- Peripherals: Webcam and headset with microphone (required for Graduate students)
- Microsoft Office Professional 2010 for PC or 2011 for Mac or newer. Full-time Undergraduate students taking at least 12 credit hours and Graduate students taking at least 6 credit hours receive 5 free downloads of Microsoft Office through Office 365 for Mac, PC or Mobile. Part-time students have access to Microsoft Office Web Apps ? in the cloud ? not the downloadable version. Please see link below for more information about installing and managing Office 365 Web Apps.
- Virus protection software, with frequent updates ? free antivirus options are listed for download (see http://doit.creighton.edu/network-security/security/antivirus).
Plugins and Media Players:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader to view PDF files: http://www.adobe.com
- Adobe Flash Player: http://www.adobe.com
- Java: http://java.com
- QuickTime: www.apple.com/quicktime/download/
- Windows Media Player (PC Only): http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/11/default.aspx
- Flip4Mac (Mac Only): http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=9442
- Silverlight: http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx
- Unity3d Web Player: http://www.unity3d.com/webplayer
- VLC Media Player: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html
The most recent versions (the latest or one before) of the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer (PC only)
- Mozilla FireFox
- Google Chrome
- Safari (Mac only)
Connection to the internet (on campus or at home) is essential.
Access to a high speed DSL or better internet connection includes:
- A broadband connection of 3 Mbps-Megabits per second-this is a minimum requirement.
Basically, your internet connection speed needs to be fast enough to stream video without noticeable buffering, allow for uninterrupted web conferencing (streaming of audio and video) and a constant connection to download files, as needed. Please speak with your internet service provider to make sure your internet connection speed will accommodate these needs.
Optional Items (may be required - see course syllabi for details):
- Headset with microphone (Optional for Undergraduate students; Required for Graduate students)
- Webcam (Optional for Undergraduate students; Required for Graduate students)
- Digital camera, video camera
- USB flash drive
- SPSS software (statistical software)
- Some classes may require web services that require a fee
Student Technical Support Information:
If you have a technical problem using an application supported by Creighton University or a vendor that the College of Nursing contracts with to provide support to students directly, remote technical support is usually handled by a technician over the phone and a request for remote access to the student?s computer maybe necessary to diagnose problems. Students grant technician?s remote access and are able to watch what the technician is doing while connected on the phone. Before any changes are made to a student?s computer, the technician will explain the change and the reason for the change. The student is responsible for agreeing to allow the change to be made or figuring out a different method or computer to use in order to complete the necessary task with the application should the student be unwilling to allow changes or remote access to their computer. The student is able to disconnect the remote access at any time and technicians are not able to reconnect a remote session without the student agreeing to the session. Technical support is provided for genuine English based operating systems.