A variety of faculty development and training resources are available to prepare faculty for teaching online. To learn more please contact COOL at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Foundations of Effective Online Teaching and Learning Certificate Course: The course encompasses foundational knowledge and skills necessary for successful online course facilitation. This course is designed for anyone currently teaching or planning to teach an online or hybrid course for Creighton University. Course topics include Online Learning and Value-based Education, Planning Your Course, Designing and Producing Your Course, Teaching Your Online Course, and Online Teaching and Learning Policies and Procedures. Completion of the course is required for all instructors new to teaching online at Creighton. the course is offered three times a year (August, October, and March) and runs for two weeks. To learn more or to register, contact the Creighton Office of Online Learning at email@example.com or call extension 3114. A short description of the course is provided in the linked document.
- Distance Education Mentoring Initiative (DEMI): Faculty members teaching in the distance learning environment are dedicated to providing quality instruction. With the increase of course offerings in this relatively new teaching and learning environment, the number of faculty members and other instructors facing challenges and opportunities that are unique to this form of course delivery has also grown. One avenue of support for these individuals is peer mentoring. The Distance Education Mentoring Initiative (DEMI) is designed to provide peer mentoring opportunities for individuals new to teaching in the distance format at the University. Facilitated and supported by the Creighton Office of Online Learning (COOL), the DEMI initiative is described on the linked document. To learn more or to participate as a mentor or a mentee, contact the Creighton Office of Online Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org or call extension 3114.
- Webinars: The Creighton Office of Online Learning coordinates the offering of webinars focused on best practices for teaching online. Information about the webinars is available through Creighton Today and on the COOL website at http://www.creighton.edu/onlinelearning/index.php
- The Office for Academic Excellence and Assessment (AEA): Faculty associates in the Office for Academic Excellence and Assessment offer seminars on teh use of technologies for face-to-face, hybrid and online courses. To learn more visit http://www.creighton.edu/aea/professionaldevelopmentoppportunities/index.php
- BlueTrain: BlueTrain is an online tutorial repository for a wide variety of software applications.
- Educational Technology Training: The Center for Academic Technology offers a variety of workshops focused on the use of educational technologies in the virtual as well as the face-to-face classroom.