Apply to the Doctor of Pharmacy Program.
The Creighton University Doctor of Pharmacy program attracts students from around the globe seeking to gain the knowledge and experience they need to become skilled practitioners and practice leaders. Our admission process operates on a rolling basis, meaning that qualified applicants will be invited to interview and offered admission on a first-come, first-served basis. Applicants are encouraged to apply early.
Important Dates for the Fall 2023 Admission Cycle
- Cycle Opens: July 14, 2022
- Preferred Deadline: November 1, 2022
- Creighton Early Assurance and Preference Deadline: November 1, 2022
- Final Deadline: June 1, 2023
A minimum of 63 semester hours or 95 quarter hours is required before entering the program. The PCAT is not required for consideration for admission. Please review specific prerequisite course requirements and course completion deadlines on the Doctor of Pharmacy Prerequisites page prior to apply
To apply, submit an online application and all supporting application materials through PharmCAS, a pharmacy centralized application service. All supporting application materials include the following:
- An official transcript must be received from each institution the applicant has attended and/or is currently attending. Official transcripts must be received directly from the issuing institution(s).
- All fall/winter term 2022 and prior transcripts should be directed to PharmCAS.
- All spring/summer 2023 term transcripts should be directed to the Creighton Enrollment Services.
- Two letters of recommendation (submitted through PharmCAS). We prefer that one letter come from a college professor who can attest to your ability to enter a competitive professional program. Candidates with pharmacy experience (paid or unpaid) are highly encouraged to submit a letter from a pharmacist you have worked with/shadowed. If you have been out of school for some time, letters from a work setting can be helpful. Do not submit letters from family members of friends.
Instructions for Selecting a Pathway
The Creighton University Doctor of Pharmacy program offers three unique pathways for pursuing a Doctor of Pharmacy degree:
- Our traditional Campus Pathway, based in Omaha, NE
- A unique Distance Pathway, based in your area with annual travel to Omaha to complete labs
- Our newest hybrid Phoenix Pathway, based in Phoenix, AZ at our Health Sciences Campus.
Applicants should only apply to one pathway per admission cycle. Applying to more than one pathway does not increase an applicant’s chances for admission.
Personal interviews are required in the admission process. Qualified applicants will be notified via email if they are selected for an interview.
2023 Personal Interview Dates
The Doctor of Pharmacy program will be interviewing regularly on Tuesdays and Fridays starting in September 2022 through June 2023. Interviews will be held both in-person on our campuses in Omaha and Phoenix and virtually during the 2023 application cycle. Candidates are encouraged to schedule an in-person interview if possible.
Applicants are encouraged to apply early. Qualified applicants are invited to interview on a first-come, first-served basis. Once interview seats and entering class seats are filled, the admission committee will no longer consider remaining applicants.
Fulfillment of basic requirements does not guarantee an interview or admission. A selection system exists in which the Pharmacy Admission Committee selects the applicants it considers best qualified for the study and practice of the profession from a pool of applicants. Admission is based on rigor of coursework, quality of academic institution, cumulative GPA, prerequisite science and math GPA, recommendations, applicant statement and interview.