Professional Studies: Indicators of Excellence
The College of Professional Studies focuses on the educational needs of the busy adult learner. For more than 30 years, Creighton University has offered undergraduate degrees, certificates and noncredit programs to adult learners.
Whether you are a first-time student, returning to college after a break or a lifelong learner, the College of Professional Studies offers courses online and on campus.
- AcceleratedCREIGHTON offers courses that meet one night a week for eight weeks, enabling students to attend full-time by taking two classes each eight-week term. There are three accelerated program areas (creative writing, organizational communication, and health administration and policy) that lead to a certificate or bachelorís degree. Creighton also offers a wide selection of full-semester evening courses for students interested in other degree programs or who prefer the pace of a traditional 16-week semester.
- Creighton University has been educating Emergency Medical Services (EMS) professionals since 1974 and is one of only 11 universities in the nation to do so. Bachelorís and associate degrees are offered in EMS, and include EMT and paramedic certifications, plus a full range of noncredit courses (basic life support, advanced life support, etc.). The program has a national and international reputation, drawing students from coast-to-coast and from developing and non-Western countries. It holds accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education (CAAHEP). The Master of Science in Emergency Medical Services (MS EMS) was inaugurated in fall 2013 in Creighton Universityís Graduate School.
- The Bachelor of Science in Integrated Leadership is a fully online degree program allowing maximum flexibility and convenience. It includes the option of specializing in one of three tracks: healthcare management, nonprofit sector management and human capital management. Up to 80 hours of credit can be accepted from other institutions. Credit may also be awarded for certified training and experiential learning based on demonstrated competencies gained in the workplace and community.
- The college offers 13 certificate programs in areas as diverse as business, theology, health administration and policy, atmospheric sciences and creative writing.
- Academically eligible high school students can take a Creighton undergraduate course at a discounted tuition rate through the NextStep Program.
- Creighton University is proud to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program offering veterans access to a Creighton education at little or no out-of-pocket cost. All certificates and undergraduate degree programs (day, evening, online, full-time, part-time) are available to veterans through the College of Professional Studies.