Creighton ADA Awareness Conference Scheduled for Oct. 5
Accommodating people with disabilities in the workplace and at universities will be the focus of the fourth annual “American Disabilities Act Conference” at Creighton University’s Skutt Student Center on Oct. 5.
Terry Friedrichs, Ph.D., Ed.D., author of “Characteristics of Gifted Students with Disabilities,” will be among the conference speakers. A teacher and researcher, Friedrichs, of St. Paul, Minn., is known for his work in identifying and teaching high-potential youth with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), Attention Deficit with Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), and other learning disabilities.
Omaha attorney Scott S. Moore, who specializes in employment law and labor relations, will also present. Moore is founder of Best Places to Work in Omaha, sponsored by the Omaha Chamber of Commerce, and serves as chairman of the Nebraska State Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Section.
The event is open to the Creighton community and the general public at no cost. Attendees may participate in one or more sessions; lunch is included. Those planning to attend the lunch should contact Deb McAtee at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402.280.2792 to reserve a spot.
- 9:30-11 a.m. Friedrichs on “ADD and ADHD Students: Traits, Barriers, and Student and Learning-Center Staff Approaches.” Skutt, Room 104
- 10-11 a.m. Counseling Center staff on “Learning Disabilities – Fact or Fiction.” Skutt, Room 105 ADA Conference 2/2
- 11:15 a.m.-noon. Moore on “ADA – The Impact of 15 years of the ADA.” Skutt, Room 105
- Noon-12:30 p.m. Lunch. Counseling Center Staff on “Learning Disabilities – Fact or Fiction.” Skutt Ballroom
- 12:30-12:45 p.m. Student Empowerment Network. Skutt Ballroom
- 1-2:30 p.m. Friedrichs on “ADD and ADHD Students: Traits, Barriers and Faculty and Administrator Approaches.” Skutt Ballroom
- 1-1:45 p.m. Moore on “ADA – The Impact of 15 years of the ADA.” Skutt, Room 104 The Creighton University American Disabilities Act Committee and Sodexho Catering are sponsoring the conference.