University Research Day Highlights Accomplishments
Creighton University will hold a University Research Day to focus the campus attention on research being done by faculty and to celebrate their accomplishments. The event is Tuesday, March 18, from 3:30 -5:00 p.m. at the Skutt Student Center.
Featured will be video highlights of several faculty members’ research and how that research supports the academic and Jesuit mission of the University. A keynote address titled “Magis: Expanding the Boundaries of Scholarship” will be presented by Isabelle D. Cherney, Ph. D., associate professor of psychology and 2007 Carnegie Foundation Nebraska Professor of the Year.
Research scholars being highlighted include:
- Russell R. Reno, Ph. D., professor of theology;
- Ernest P. Goss, Ph.D., economics professor and Jack A. MacAllister Endowed Chair in Regional Economics;
- Edward A, Morse, J. D., professor of Law and McGrath North Mullin & Kratz Chair in Business Law;
- Wayne W. Barkmeier, D.D. S., former dean of the School of Dentistry;
- Henry T. Lynch, M. D., professor of Medicine, chairman of the Department of Preventive Medicine and Charles F. and Mary C. Heider Endowed Chair in Cancer Research;
- Ann M. Laughlin, assistant professor of Nursing;
- Thomas L. Lenz, Pharm.D, M.A., director of Pharmacy Distance Pathway