Creighton Faculty Research Forum
Creighton University faculty who received Research Initiative Grants in 2007, will present an overview of their scholarly projects during a Research Forum from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 11, in the West Ballroom of the Skutt Student Center.
The goal of the Research Initiative Grants is to fund efforts to initiate substantial new research projects; activities that demonstrate the promise of substantially increasing the scope and future funding of current research projects; and the development of collaborative teams and networks to enhance future research opportunities.
The research grants are funded by the Graduate School and the Associate Vice President for Faculty Development, Gail M. Jensen, Ph.D.
The list of presentations and their times:
- 11:00 a.m. – Greg Zacharias, professor of English, “A Records Management Database and Online Presentation Strategy for the Center for Henry James Studies”
- 11:15 a.m. – Terry Clark, professor of Political Science and International Relations, “Applying Fuzzy Mathematics to Formal Modeling in Comparative Politics”
- 11:30 a.m. – Charles Brockhouse, assistant professor of Biology – “A First Genome Scaffold to Initiate the Blackfly (Diptera: Simuliidae) Genome Project”
- 11:45 a.m.– Joan Eckerson, professor of Exercise Science, “The Effect of Three Different Creatine Formulations on Skeletal Muscle Creatine Retention”
- Noon – Stephen Gross, assistant professor of Chemistry, “Autonomic Healing Dental Restorative Materials - A Pilot Study”
- 12:15 p.m. – James Fletcher, assistant professor of Chemistry, “Establishing a Combinatorial Method to Develop Peptide-Functionalized Organometallic Compounds for Biological Imaging Applications”
- 12:30 p.m. – Jason Martinelli, assistant professor of Atmospheric Sciences, “Use of GIS and Doppler Radar Data to Determine the Damaging Wind Mechanisms within Quasi-Linear Convective Systems”