Creighton University Selects myCampus, Web 2.0 Campus Portal
University Receives $1 Million Grant for myCampus Portal®
Creighton University recently selected CampusEAI Consortium’s myCampus, a Software-as-a Service (SaaS) Web 2.0 campus portal solution that provides students, faculty and staff with access to their academic and social information in one place.
The University also received more than $1 million worth of donated products and services over the next five years to develop and support the myCampus intranet portal from CampusEAI Consortium.
The myCampus portal solution will support the University’s strategic efforts to enhance operational effectiveness as well as provide integrated communication and collaboration services specifically designed to enhance the student experience and contribute to student success.
Creighton University’s myCampus includes the following features:
- QuickLaunch - Single-sign-on integration to systems such as:
- Sungard® Banner®
- Microsoft® Exchange®
- ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning)Academic Integration - Includes the following integration to Sungard® Banner®
- Class scheduling
- Unofficial transcript data
- Account summary
- Targeted alerts - Notifies users of campus announcements through:
- SMS alerts
- Web 2.0 Social Networking including:
- Community and personal profile pages
- Friend walls
- Google® Gadgets® integration
- IPTV (Internet Protocol Television) - On demand video player with variety of content including:
- OSTN (Open Student Television Network) campus news
- Associated Press® (AP® ) world news
Creighton also selected to host myCampus on the CampusEAI Consortium’s Cloud, a 24x7x365 high-performance computer cluster, to eliminate up-front capital investments, reduce the use of the University’s technical resources and ensure high performance, availability, stability and security.
“The CampusEAI feature-rich web portal allows Creighton University to offer multiple systems and services through a single point of access,” said Brian Young, vice president for Information Technology and chief information officer. “The implementation of myCampus portal is a winning solution for our students, faculty and staff; through a personalized interface, we now have the opportunity to improve both our content delivery and quality of service.”
“We are pleased to support Creighton University’s campus portal objectives with our myCampus grant,” said Anjli Jain Chopra, executive director of the CampusEAI Consortium. “It is an honor to be a part of delivering on the University’s mission and we look forward to supporting the growing needs and requirements of the campus community through myCampus.”