Creighton University’s Panhellenic Council will sponsor “Confidence U,” a series of on-campus events from March 28 to April 1 designed to promote self-esteem and confidence among collegiate women. National studies indicate that many issues facing college women are directly related to a lack of confidence. The activities are some of many encouraged by the Confidence Coalition.
Events throughout the week include:
- Monday, March 28: “You Make Me Smile Event”—students write messages on balloons for other students; 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Skinner Mall.
- Tuesday, March 29: “Go Confidently” – students donate handbags to benefit the women of the Lydia House, a local shelter for battered women; 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Skinner Mall.
- Wednesday, March 30: Dessert party and presentation by the Greek Standards Board; 7 p.m., Skutt Center Ballroom.
- Thursday, March 31: “Women Words of Wisdom,” –insights of students, faculty and staff ; 7 p.m., Harper Center Auditorium. Free and open to the public.
- Friday, April 1: 5K Walk; 2:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m., Heartland of America Park, Eighth and Douglas streets. Free and open to the public.