Each year Creighton University celebrates its founders with a series of events during Founders Week. Activities spotlight the continued legacy and impact that students, faculty, staff, donors and friends are having on the University.
Events include a donor scholarship luncheon, the induction of campus members into the Alpha Sigma Nu honorary society, a special Mass, athletic events, and recognition of students, faculty and staff who make significant contributions to the University.
A highlight each year is the annual Convocation address by the University’s President. Timothy R. Lannon, S.J., Creighton’s 24th president, summarizing the year’s accomplishments, the state of the University and insights and challenges for the future. (Attendance limited to internal audiences)
Additional details on other events include:
- Alpha Sigma Nu Induction and Luncheon, Saturday, Feb. 2, 10 a.m., Harper Center, Hixson-Lied Auditorium: 93 students and five honorary members will be inducted into the national Jesuit honor society.
- Donor Scholarship Luncheon, Monday, Feb. 4, 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m., Harper Center, Ahmanson Ballroom. Creighton students and donors who support scholarships have the opportunity to meet and network.
- Student Leadership Recognition, Monday, Feb. 4, 5:30 p.m., Skutt Student Center Ballroom. The Creighton Students Union, the student –governing body, hosts this event to honor the "behind the scenes" student and faculty leaders in the campus community.
- Annual Faculty Awards Luncheon, College of Arts and Sciences, Feb. 5, 11:30 a.m., Skutt Student Center. The event recognizes faculty achievement in teaching, scholarship, and advising.
- Convocation and Award Recognition, Feb. 5, 3 p.m., Harper Center, Hixson-Lied Auditorium: In addition to Fr. Lannon’s Convocation address distinguished administrator, faculty, staff and research awards will be presented.
- Founders Week Mass, Feb. 6 at noon. Two Creighton employees will receive the St. Ignatius Award, which recognizes faculty and staff who live the spirit of St. Ignatius through their participation in the mission of Creighton University and their involvement beyond University life.
- Committee on the Status of Women Mary Lucretia and Sarah Emily Creighton Awards Luncheon, Feb. 7, 11:30 a.m., Harper Center, Ahmanson Ballroom. Three award winners will be honored for their commitment and support to women and women issues.
To view a complete schedule of events, visit the Founders Week web page at: http://www.creighton.edu/events/foundersweek/index.php