Creighton University has been named No. 1 on the list of Nebraska colleges and universities with the greatest lifetime return on investment by AffordableCollegesOnline.org (AC Online). According to AC Online, graduates from these schools enjoy the largest earnings gap between non-degree holders over 30 years and earn more on average than graduates from other Nebraska schools.
AC Online developed the following criteria for consideration as a "High ROI College":
- Fully accredited institution
- Either public or private
- Four-year, degree-granting institution
- ROI according to PayScale's 2013 College Value Report
Data sets reviewed included:
- NCES (http://nces.gov/), the primary federal entity for collecting and analyzing data related to education. It provides consistent, reliable, complete, and accurate indicators of education status and trends.
- IPEDS (http://nces.ed.gov/ipeds/), the primary federal source for data on colleges, universities, and technical and vocational postsecondary schools in the U.S.
- Carnegie Classification (http://classifications.carnegiefoundation.org/), a framework widely used in the study of higher education, both as a way to represent and control for institutional differences and also in the design of research studies to ensure adequate representation of sampled institutions, students, or faculty.
- Payscale.com (http://www.payscale.com/about/methodology), the premier salary data collection organization.