Confidential Research Hotline (402-280-3200)
Research Personnel are expected to report any known or suspected noncompliant conduct related to research or sponsored program activities conducted and/or approved through Creighton University. The confidential Research Compliance Hotline (402-280-3200) is available for any individual who wishes to remain anonymous and/or has found other available reporting mechanisms to be ineffective. Research Personnel may also address their research compliance-related questions or concerns to Kathy Taggart, Associate Vice President for Research and Compliance, at 402-280-2360.
IMPORTANT: All submissions must be delivered to Grants Administration at least five (5) business days before the submission deadline
- Complete the Notification of Intent to Submit as early as possible in the proposal process; this enables Sponsored Programs Administration to plan for staff availability to assist the Principal Investigator with development, review, and submission of all grants and contracts.
- Complete the Proposal Routing Form (PDF).
- If a Creighton University faculty member is collaborating on another organization’s project, gather appropriate documents. Proceed to Step 5.
- Gather original grant application documents per sponsor guidelines (i.e. project narrative, budget, budget justification, etc). If subcontracting a portion of the project to another organization, gather appropriate documents.
- Deliver packet to Sponsored Programs Administration.
- Sponsored Programs Administration will review for University and sponsor compliance.
- Sponsored Programs Administration will route on to the appropriate Dean and Associate Vice President for Research if the proposal is in compliance
Sponsored Programs Administration will contact the PI so that corrections can be made.
- If the Dean and Associate Vice President for Research sign the Proposal Routing Form, the packet is returned to Sponsored Programs Administration and is ready for pick up
If the Dean and Associate Vice President for Research do not sign the grant, the Dean will contact Sponsored Programs Administration and Sponsored Programs Administration will contact the PI.
Specific Instructions for Electronic Grant Applications
In addition to Grants.gov, the federal government electronic system for grant submissions, there are several other agency-specific systems. Individual faculty members should not register on these sites to submit an application through Creighton University, as they usually require institutional registration only. Grants Administration can assist with using these systems. At least one month before the grant submission deadline, contact Sponsored Programs Administration to ensure that proper institutional registration with the funding agency has been completed.
Submitting an Electronic Grant Application
- Complete all steps in "How to Submit a Grant” above.
- If using the Grants.gov system, submit the completed electronic application package to Sponsored Programs Administration via email or hand-delivered via flash drive at least five business days before the submission deadline.
- If using any other electronic submission system, coordinate the submission process with Sponsored Programs Administration at least five business days before the submission.
- Review electronic application for errors before submission to Sponsored Programs Administration for review. If submitting to the National Institutes of Health, reference the NIH Avoiding Common Errors document.
- Sponsored Programs Administration will review electronic applications for errors and contact the PI for any necessary corrections.
- After corrections, Sponsored Programs Administration will coordinate submission with the PI.