The Reinert-Alumni Library strives to uphold the University's mission with our resources, services, and facilities for teaching and learning. Visit our Library Assessment pages to see our ongoing efforts to identify and support our users' needs. We welcome and encourage your comments and feedback.
The mission of the Reinert-Alumni Library is to provide the services and resources necessary to meet the research and information needs of the Creighton University community. The Library staff augments the educational mission of the University by:
- Developing a collection of diverse and scholarly resources
- Providing the tools and technology that connect people to ideas and information
- Teaching information and research skills
The Reinert-Alumni Library provides personal service to the individual in a state-of-the-art learning environment. Everything the Library has to offer -- facilities, information resources, services, and staff -- is recognized as a key component in achieving academic success.
Strategies to Achieve Our Vision
- Services - Anticipate user needs, promote services and collections, and be sensitive to a diverse clientele.
- Scholarship and Learning - Promote information literacy and lifelong learning.
- Resources - Build collection excellence and provide quality resources.
- Access - Deliver information resources.
- Staff - Develop a skilled and motivated workforce that is aware of and respects the diversity of the Creighton University community.
- Facilities - Provide inviting and functional facilities conducive to studying and working.
- Collaborations and Outreach - Create and maintain regular methods of communication within the Library and with other departments on campus.
- Administration - Govern the library in accordance with ACRL Guidelines and in the spirit of the ALA Library Bill of Rights.
- Budget - Obtain and allocate finances.
Adopted Spring 2003, renewed Fall 2008.