Henry James and the Great War
Please join us on November 16th for a presentation by Dr. Greg Zacharias and Katie Sommer, with the Center for Henry James Studies, on "Henry James & the Great War" and "Henry James & Soldiers During WWI: Four Letters," noon-1:00 p.m. in SSC Room 104.
Fall Cornerstone Newsletter Issued
The fall 2015 issue of the Reinert-Alumni Libraryís Creighton Cornerstone newsletter is now available online, with news and updates of interest to faculty and staff. Check it out!
Trial Databases Available this Fall
The following resources are available this fall on a trial basis, to be considered for potential purchase. Please send us your comments!
- eBook Academic Collection (EBSCOhost) - 135,000 academic ebooks (until 9/25/15)
- Education Research Complete (EBSCOhost) - Subset of Education Source (below)
- Education Source (EBSCOhost) - Journal literature for pre-K through higher education
- Grove Music Online - Collection of music encyclopedias from classical to jazz (until 9/26/15)
- Mergent Horizon - Company products, services, and competitors
- Mergent INTELLECT - Global directory of 243 million companies
- NAXOS - Streaming music library (through 11/8/15)
- Passport - Global marketing information database (until 11/6/15)
- Swank Digital Campus - Feature films available for educational use (live September 1st)
Dr. Hulce to Speak on Chemical Warfare in WWI
Dr. Martin Hulce in Chemistry will speak on "A 'Poor Manís Atomic Bombs:' One Hundred Years of Chemical Warfare," as part of the Library's WWI Lecture Series. Please join us on Tuesday, October 6th, 3:30-4:30 p.m. in the Skutt Student Center Room 104.
RAL Elevator News
Over the next 8 weeks, the Reinert elevator will be under construction. While it is out of service, RAL staff will be happy to retrieve materials on the upper and lower levels for those unable to navigate the stairs.
If construction noise is bothersome, we will also have earplugs available at the Circulation desk.
NYTimes.com is here!
The CU Libraries are pleased to offer full access to the New York Times through NYTimes.com, including national and international news, archives (since 1851), and multimedia content. Activate your "group pass" while on campus for future access from any location.
Introducing Gartner Research
Gartner is a new database of technology research provided courtesy of DoIT. It covers IT products and services, IT industry trends, and IT strategies and governance. Gartner is available with a netID login via the Library's Databases A-Z list.
Times of London
The Library is pleased to announce that we have recently acquired The Times of London Digital Archive (1785-2009), covering local events in Britain and international events in India, China, South Africa, and the Americas.
Access to the Chronicle
Did you know the Chronicle of Higher Education is freely available to Creighton, courtesy of the CU Libraries? Here's how to access the Chronicle, including on campus, off campus, and on your mobile device!
Another WWI Event!
Mark your calendars! Scott Jordan, graduate student in East-West Studies, will present "Asia in World War I? The forgotten front that made the Great War, a World War" on April 14th at 4 p.m. in the UP Room. This event is co-sponsored by the Asian World Center & Maorong Jiang.