The Library Encounter Online (LEO) is an interactive tutorial designed to introduce new students to research sources and strategies. Students should allow approximately one hour to complete all six modules, including the quiz.
- Investigating: This section gives an overview of the research process, including identifyng a topic and developing a thesis statement.
- Searching: Where should you start your search? How do you use the library's catalog? What is an article database?
- Locating: How do you use library call number? How can you get the full text of an article you want? Find out here.
- Evaluating: How to evaluate the quality of the information you've found using five major evaluation criteria.
- Utilizing: How to avoid plagiarism and cite your sources correctly.
- Quiz: Take this brief quiz to see how well you understand the research process.
Adapted from the Tutorial for Information Power (TIP), © University of Wyoming Libraries 2008. This tutorial may not be used for commercial purpose without permission from the University of Wyoming Libraries.