Creighton University Investigators/Support Personnel will have plenty of questions about the new financial conflict of interest regulations and how they will affect research here. As the Conflict of Interest Review Committee and the Office of Research and Compliance get questions, we will post them and the responses here. Check back frequently!
Questions on Travel Reporting Requirements
Q: My salary is only paid 20% by PHS and the other 80% is from pharmaceutical/non PHS studies. Do I still have to report travel?
A: Yes, the percentage of salary paid by the PHS grant doesn't matter. You still need to report the travel.
Questions on Reporting Interests in Publicly and Non-Publicly Traded Entities
Q: My husband owns a construction business, which would be a non-publicly traded entity ($0 threshold). Do I have to report this?
A: No, you do not need to report this. It is not related to your institutional (professional) responsibilities.
Confidential Research Hotline (402-280-3200)
Research Personnel are expected to report any known or suspected noncompliant conduct related to research or sponsored program activities conducted and/or approved through Creighton University. The confidential Research Compliance Hotline (402-280-3200) is available for any individual who wishes to remain anonymous and/or has found other available reporting mechanisms to be ineffective. Research Personnel may also address their research compliance-related questions or concerns to Kathy Taggart, Associate Vice President for Research and Compliance, at 402-280-2360.