U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Final Rule: Promoting Objectivity in Research (42 CFR Part 50 and 45 CFR Part 94)
Creighton University has developed guidance documents to help Investigators/Support Personnel to understand some of the changes under the new U.S. Department of Health and Human Services financial conflict of interest regulations:
- Guidance on Financial Conflict of Interest Education and Training
- Guidance on PHS Travel Reporting Requirements
- Guidance on Public Accessibility Requirements for PHS-funded Investigators/Research Staff
- Guidance on eRA Commons Requirements
The National Institutes of Health has a robust web site with information on the new PHS Financial Conflict of Interest regulations:
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Final Rule: Promoting Objectivity in Research (42 CFR Part 50 and 45 CFR Part 94)
- NIH Financial Conflict of Interest main page
- NIH Frequently Asked Questions page
National Science Foundation Financial Conflict of Interest Policy
The National Science Foundation has developed a Financial Conflict of Interest Policy for NSF grantees.
Confidential Research Hotline (402-280-3200)
Research Personnel are expected to report any known or suspected noncompliant conduct related to research or sponsored program activities conducted and/or approved through Creighton University. The confidential Research Compliance Hotline (402-280-3200) is available for any individual who wishes to remain anonymous and/or has found other available reporting mechanisms to be ineffective. Research Personnel may also address their research compliance-related questions or concerns to Kathy Taggart, Associate Vice Provost for Research & Compliance, at 402-280-2360.