LB692 New Initiative Grants are seed grants for full-time Health Science faculty to develop new avenues of investigation. The goal of this funding mechanism is to enhance the ability of faculty to develop sufficient preliminary data for successful NIH grant applications. These grants are for $75,000 over a one-year project period.
- Investigators must be either a full-time Creighton University Health Sciences tenured or tenure-track faculty, or resident/research assistant professor. Part-time faculty including those who hold contributed service, special rank or visiting designations are not eligible for this program.
- Preference will be given to those faculty who have not previously been funded by this mechanism.
- Recipients of a New Initiative grant in the past two years are not eligible to apply this cycle.
- Principal Investigators (PI) or co-investigators cannot be funded concurrently by other LB692 or LB595 support mechanisms.
- Investigators should not submit more than one grant proposal to be considered.
Budget Restrictions: The following are not allowable expenses: faculty salaries, travel, repairs, renovations and indirect costs.
Application deadline: April 13, 2015, 4:30 PM CT
- Grant Application Guidelines (PDF)
- Grant Application Face Page (DOC)
- LB692 Awards Expenditure Guidelines (PDF)
Confidential Research Hotline (402-280-3200)
Research Personnel are expected to report any known or suspected noncompliant conduct related to research or sponsored program activities conducted and/or approved through Creighton University. The confidential Research Compliance Hotline (402-280-3200) is available for any individual who wishes to remain anonymous and/or has found other available reporting mechanisms to be ineffective. Research Personnel may also address their research compliance-related questions or concerns to the Director of Research Compliance at 402-280-2511.