IRB Member Training Requirements
Creighton University requires that all individuals working with human subjects in research complete a training/education program in the protection of human subjects. IRB Members are required to complete the following:
Required Training for Members
- Completion of the web-based CITI Human Subjects in Biomedical Research Training Courses
- Completion of the web-based CITI Human Subjects in Social-Behavioral Research Training Courses
- Completion of the NIH Financial Conflict of Interest Online Tutorial (if you are involved in an NIH-funded project)
- Acknowledgment of Access to the Creighton University IRB Policies and Procedures for the Use of Human Subjects in Research
- Acknowledgment of Access to the Research and Sponsored Programs Compliance Plan
- Annual Disclosure of Financial Relationship for Sponsored Projects
- IRB Confidentiality Agreement
- Curriculum Vitae (updated every 2 years)
- Web-based PRIM&R "Ethical Oversight of Human Subjects Research" course
- OHRP General Informed Consent Requirements Video
- OHRP IRB Membership Video
- OHRP Research Use of Human Biological Specimens and Other Private Information Video
- OHRP Reviewing and Reporting Unanticipated Problems and Adverse Events Video
- OHRP Research Involving Vulnerable Populations Video
- OHRP Webinars: "When the Regs Come a Knockin': Nuts and Bolts of 45 CFR Part 46" and "When the Feds Come a Knockin': How to Prepare for an OHRP Compliance Evaluation of Your Program"
- ORI The Research Clinic Video
IRB Training Certification must be renewed every three (3) years. To renew IRB Training, complete the CITI Refresher Course.
If you have any questions regarding training for human subjects in research, please contact the Research Compliance Education Coordinator at 402-280-2680 or e-mail Research Compliance Education.
Confidential Research Hotline (402-280-3200)
Research Personnel are expected to report any known or suspected noncompliant conduct related to research or sponsored program activities conducted and/or approved through Creighton University. The confidential Research Compliance Hotline (402-280-3200) is available for any individual who wishes to remain anonymous and/or has found other available reporting mechanisms to be ineffective. Research Personnel may also address their research compliance-related questions or concerns to Director of Research & Compliance at 402-280-2511.