An important role of the Staff Advisory Council is to attempt to resolve issues submitted by staff by contacting the person or department associated with the issues.
Issues can either be communicated to a SAC member or by completing and submitting the form. The form is forwarded to the Chair and the Vice Chair of SAC. The Vice Chair will handle all issues submitted and report back during SAC meetings.
Steps to Resolving an Issue:
1. Identify the issue.
2. Determine if the issue one that has been addressed before. If so, respond to the constituent with the answer.
3. If it is a new issue, identify the person or department to best address and resolve the issue.
4. Forward the issue to that person.
5. Identify the next step. Is there a solution? Is a committee already working on the issue?
6. Contact the constituent, advising them of the outcome.
We are not able to resolve all issues, but, if necessary, we will continue to ask questions and try to resolve them.