Scholarship Opportunities in Mathematics, the Natural Sciences, and Engineering.
Am I Eligible?
For this scholarship opportunity, Creighton must nominate you for consideration at the national level. To be eligible for that nomination, you must:
- Be a full-time matriculated sophomore or junior pursuing a degree at an accredited institution of higher education during the 2010-11 academic year.
- Have a college grade-point average of at least "B" (or the equivalent) and be in the upper fourth of his or her class.
- Be a United States citizen, a permanent resident, or, in the case of nominees from American Samoa or the Commonwealth of the Mariana Islands, a United States national.
- Be planning to and have a commitment towards a career in mathematics, the natural sciences, or engineering.
What Will I Receive?
Each scholarship covers eligible expenses for tuition, fees, books, and room and board, up to a maximum of $7,500 annually.
How Do I Apply?
Students need to complete a "pre-application" form. This form is due in fall 2010 (generally October). Students who have been nominated by a faculty member will receive this form. Students may also self-nominate. In this case they can obtain a "pre-application" form from Dr. Cherney, the faculty representative.
Please contact Dr. Cherney for the campus deadlines.
Nominees are evaluated on:
- Demonstrated potential for and commitment to a career in mathematics, the natural sciences, or engineering.
- Outstanding academic performance.
Dr. Michael Cherney, Physics, Hixson-Lied Science Building G74, 402-280-3039, email@example.com.