For the Undergraduate Scholarship program offered through the DHS:
- You must be a U.S. citizen as of the application deadline.
- You must have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.3 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- You must be majoring in the physical sciences, mathematical sciences, computer and information sciences, life sciences, social sciences, psychology, selected humanities, or engineering.
- If you have been attending college full-time, you must be in your second year of college attendance as of the application deadline.
This scholarship offers both tuition and a stipend:
- $1,000/month for 9 months during the academic year; $5,000 for the 10-week summer internship
- Full tuition and mandatory, nonrefundable fees paid
See program website for details.
- Appointments are for two years, given satisfactory academic progress and availability of funding.
- A 10-week, continuous, off-campus research internship at a DHS-designated facility will be required during the summer between your first and second year appointments.
Dr. Elizabeth Elliot-Meisel