USA Today Academic All-Stars: ALL-USA COLLEGE ACADEMIC TEAM
Am I Eligible?
- Nominees must be undergraduates of at least junior standing at a four-year institution of higher education in the USA or its territories.
- The nominee must be a full-time student and not have received a Bachelors degree prior to December 2010.
- U.S. citizenship is not required.
- Nominees may not have received a baccalaureate degree prior to the nominating period.
- If previously named to the All-USA College Academic First Team may not be nominated again.
- Nominees must be of upstanding character and willing to be held up publicly as outstanding students in the nation's No. 1 newspaper. They must be aware that the contents of their nomination form may be released to the public should they win.
What Will I Receive?
If chosen, a nominee’s accomplishments will be noted and their photographs published in USA TODAY in February, and they each will receive a trophy and $2,500 cash. (Forty more students will be named to the Second and Third Teams. Their names will be announced in the paper, and they will receive certificates).
How Do I Apply?
Students are nominated by their institution for this recognition and will submit an application including an essay, information, and letters of recommendation for internal review. If interested in being nominated, please contact the faculty representative.
Generally, early January. Check program website for details.
Strong applicants will be students who can be held up as representatives of all outstanding undergraduates in the country. Judges consider not only grades, honors and leadership, but also how nominees apply their intellectual skills outside the classroom and how that may benefit society.